Sauvignon Blanc + Quick Crab Cakes
When shopping for the crabmeat to make this dish, check out Seafood Watch to choose the most sustainable crabmeat available to you, such as Alaskan crabmeat. This dish is quick and crowd pleasing, so be sure to have a bottle of District 7 Sauvignon blanc chilling in the fridge before you start cooking. The crunchy, crispy outside of the crab cakes paired with the citrusy Sauvignon Blanc is nothing short of divine.
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Dash sea salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup scallions, chopped
- 12 oz crabmeat, drained and sorted
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium lemon, sectioned
- In a medium bowl, mix the egg, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, black pepper, sea salt and cayenne pepper. Add the chopped scallions. Add the crabmeat and breadcrumbs, mixing until combined.
- Divide the mixture into 4 even patties, about ½ inch thick each.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet set over medium-high heat. When the oil has heated, add the crab patties. Let brown on one side (4 min) and flip, browning the other side (4 min).
- Serve crispy hot with a lemon wedge.