Sauvignon Blanc + Avocado and Quinoa Chicken Salad
This satisfying salad is quick and easy to whip up any night of the week but still packs layers and layers of flavor. The vibrant tropical fruit flavors of our District 7 Sauvignon Blanc play right into the tartness of the white wine vinaigrette and create a pairing that is pure Monterey summer.
Total Time: 15 min
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 cooked rotisserie chicken, sliced
- 2 medium avocados, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large English cucumber, sliced
- 1 1/3 cup red quinoa, cooked
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
To assemble the salad:
- Thoroughly wash the baby spinach and arugula, squeezing out any excess water.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the white wine vinegar, olive oil, sea salt and black pepper.
- To make individual salads, split the greens between 4 bowls. Spoon 1/3 cup of red quinoa on top of the greens. Add a ¼ cup of tomatoes, ¼ of the sliced cucumbers and half an avocado to each bowl. Fan the sliced chicken over the top and drizzle with vinaigrette.