Chardonnay + Creamy Mushroom Risotto
Risotto is much simpler to make than one might think and feels like a special event when served for friends and family on the weekend. Contrast the dish’s creamy, melt-in-the-mouth texture with the District 7 Chardonnay. Our Chardonnay is grown in coastal Monterey county and retains the fresh acidity from the cooler climate to bring just the right amount of verve to the dish.
Total Time: 45 min
- 4 tbs butter, unsalted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups oyster mushrooms, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tbs garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine (District 7 Chardonnay)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter, onion, mushrooms and garlic. Sauté until onions are soft (5 min).
- Add the rice and cook until coated with butter, stirring constantly (2 min). Add the wine and stir until absorbed (4 min).
- After the wine is absorbed, add a ½ cup of broth to the saucepan and stir until absorbed. Repeat, stirring often, with a ½ cup of broth at a time until all the broth has been added to the pan (25 min).
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add the salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Serve with shaved Parmesan on top.